GameSparks SDK for Game Maker: Studio (Unofficial)
- Social and Monetization Game Mechanics.
- Player Management and Merchandising (IAPS, Micro-transactions).
- Dynamic Game Management.
- Cloud code, cloud data and cloud storage.
A complete description of the platform can be found here.
Current supported functionality
The GameSparks Unofficial SDK for Game Maker: Studio is currently in active development. As such, only a limited set of functionalities are supported at the moment (though they are pretty much all you need to get an HTML5 game up and running).
-Target Game Maker: Studio Platforms
-Supported GameSparks Features
- Pointing GameSparks to Preview and Live modes.
- Device authentication.
- Facebook Connect Authentication.
- Custom events requests.
- SDK Features
- Super easy configuration using a single object.
- Sample Cloud Code scripts for basic actions, such as performing player logout, sending values to GameSparks and retreiving data from Facebook.
- Server-side PHP script to hide the GameSparks API Secret from malicious users.
- Demo assets to help you get started.
Every purchase and donation supports further development and the incorporation of new features with each update.
Please note the current version of the asset is in an early access stage and does not include any documentation. It does, however, include demo assets which you can use as starting point. If you purchase this asset and need assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of experts will be pleased to help!
The functionality we integrate on each update mostly depends on the feedback of our supporters and the needs of our games. This is a list of our top priorities for upcoming releases:
- Integrate PDF documentation.
- Add Android as a supported Target Platform.
- Add iOS as a supported Target Platform.
How the demo works
The web demo at the top of this page uses the GameSparks SDK for Game Maker: Studio (Unofficial) to show its basic functionality.
When the demo finishes loading, the SDK is immediatly initialized against the GameSparks server in Live mode. Once initialized, you'll see the value "GameSparks inited: 1".
Device authentication is disabled for the purpose of this demo, so you won't be able to "Call Event" or "Logout" unless you first login with a Facebook account.
Press the "Facebook Login" button and enter your Facebook credentials if necessary. Once you accept the required permissions, a bit more information appears on screen:
- Your display name (same as in Facebook).
- "Is new player", which indicates whether this is your first time using the demo (1 or 0).
- "Has script data" which will always be 1 because we're setting it in cloud code.
- Your user ID.
- Your profile picture.
Now you'll be able to "Call Event".
The "Call Event" button executes a custom event request to GameSparks, which includes the following data retreived from GameSparks:
- receivedValue: A value sent from Game Maker: Studio to GameSparks and sent back.
- randomNum: A random number generated from cloud code.
- playerId: Id of the player making the request.
- serverTime: A timestamp generated from cloud code.
These values are shown in a JS alert when the response is received.
Finally, if you press the "Logout" button your session will be terminated and your player info will be cleared from the screen.
In order to use the GameSparks SDK for Game Maker: Studio to integrate Backend-as-a-Service products in your Game Maker game, you'll need the following:
- Game Maker: Studio v1.4
- A GameSparks account.
- A Facebook developer account. Required for Facebook Connect Authentication.
- A web server capable of running PHP scripts. Optional but strongly recommended to be able to hide your Game Sparks API Secret from malicious users. There are tons of places where you can grab one for free.
This product is in no way affiliated with or endorsed either by GameSparks, YoYo Games or any other related entity. This SDK is the result of the work we've been doing at ExaGames in order to get our own Game Maker: Studio games working with GameSparks. It is based on the original SDKs available for free in the GameSparks SDK Center.
We store your Display Name retreived from Facebook with the only purpose of making the web demo work. If you want your data removed from our GameSparks server, please send an email to email@example.com indicating your player Id (the same that appears in the demo) and we'll take care of it.
Also available on
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Android support is getting closer!3 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.